We are pleased that you are visiting our website and thank you for your interest! The protection of your privacy when using our website is important to us, so please take note of the following information about how we handle your data.
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
Grüner Wirtschaftsrat e.V.
Phone: +49 176 55973188
Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
When visiting the website
When you visit our website https://sustain-summit.de, the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the accessed file,
- website from which the access was made (referrer URL),
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
- The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection setup of the website,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of our website
- evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for further administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes for data collection listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
Transfer of data
Personal data will be transferred to third parties if
- according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter a) DSGVO the data subject has expressly consented to this,
- the transfer is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter f) DSGVO and there is no reason to assume that the data subject has an overriding interest worthy of protection in the non-disclosure of his or her data,
- for the data transfer according to Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 lit. c) DSGVO a legal obligation exists, and/or
- this is necessary for the fulfillment of a contractual relationship with the data subject according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 letter b) DSGVO.
In other cases, personal data will not be disclosed to third parties.
Data subject rights
Your rights as a data subject
Insofar as your personal data is processed on the occasion of your visit to our website, you are entitled to the following rights as a "data subject" within the meaning of the DSGVO:
You may request information from us as to whether personal data relating to you is being processed by us. There is no right to information if the provision of the requested information would violate the duty of confidentiality pursuant to Section 57 (1) StBerG or if the information must be kept secret for other reasons, in particular due to an overriding legitimate interest of a third party. Notwithstanding this, there may be an obligation to provide the information if your interests outweigh the interest in secrecy, in particular taking into account the threat of damage. The right to information is also excluded if the data is only stored because it may not be deleted due to legal or statutory retention periods or exclusively serves the purposes of data security or data protection control, provided that the provision of information would require a disproportionately high effort and processing for other purposes is excluded by appropriate technical and organizational measures. Provided that the right to information is not excluded in your case and your personal data is processed by us, you can request information from us about the following:
- Purposes of processing,
- Categories of personal data processed by you,
- Recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data are disclosed, in particular in the case of recipients in third countries,
- if possible, the planned duration for which your personal data will be stored or, if this is not possible, the criteria for determining the storage period,
- the existence of a right to rectify or erase or restrict the processing of personal data concerning you or a right to object to such processing,
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority for data protection,
- if the personal data have not been collected from you as the data subject, the available information on the origin of the data,
- if applicable, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and meaningful information about the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of automated decision-making,
- where applicable, in the case of transfer to recipients in third countries, unless there is a decision by the EU Commission on the adequacy of the level of protection pursuant to Article 45(3) of the GDPR, information on what appropriate safeguards are provided pursuant to Article 46(2) of the GDPR for the protection of personal data.
Correction and completion
If you discover that we have inaccurate personal data about you, you may request that we correct this inaccurate data without delay. If your personal data is incomplete, you may request that it be completed.
You have a right to erasure ("right to be forgotten"), unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression, the right to information or for compliance with a legal obligation or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were processed.
- The justification basis for the processing was solely your consent, which you have revoked.
- You have objected to the processing of your personal data which we have made public.
- You have objected to the processing of personal data that we have not made public and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
- Your personal data has been processed unlawfully.
- The erasure of the personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
There is no entitlement to deletion if, in the case of lawful non-automated data processing, deletion is not possible or only possible with disproportionate effort due to the special nature of the storage and your interest in deletion is low. In this case, the restriction of processing takes the place of deletion.
Restriction of processing
You may request us to restrict processing if one of the following reasons applies:
- You dispute the accuracy of the personal data. In this case, the restriction may be requested for the period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of the data.
- The processing is unlawful and you request the restriction of the use of your personal data instead of erasure.
- Your personal data is no longer required by us for the purposes of processing, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- You have lodged an objection pursuant to Art. 21 (1) DSGVO. Restriction of processing may be requested as long as it is not yet clear whether our legitimate reasons outweigh your reasons.
Restriction of processing means that the personal data will only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest. Before we lift the restriction, we have the obligation to inform you about it.
You have a right to data portability, provided that the processing is based on your consent (Art. 6(1) sentence 1(a) or Art. 9(2)(a) DSGVO) or on a contract to which you are a party and the processing is carried out with the help of automated procedures. The right to data portability in this case includes the following rights, provided that this does not affect the rights and freedoms of other persons: You may request us to provide you with the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format. You have the right to transfer this data to another controller without hindrance on our part. To the extent technically feasible, you may request that we transfer your personal data directly to another controller.
Insofar as the processing is based on Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter e) DSGVO (performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority) or on Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 letter f) DSGVO (legitimate interest of the controller or a third party), you have the right to object to the processing of personal data relating to you at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation. This also applies to profiling based on Article 6 (1) sentence 1 letter e) or letter f) DSGVO. After you have exercised your right to object, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
You may object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing purposes. This also applies to profiling associated with such direct marketing. After exercising this right of objection, we will no longer use the personal data concerned for direct marketing purposes.
Revocation of consent
You have the right to revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future. The revocation of consent can be communicated informally by telephone, by e-mail, if necessary by fax or to our postal address. The revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the data processing that was carried out on the basis of the consent until receipt of the revocation. After receipt of the revocation, the data processing, which was based exclusively on your consent, will be discontinued.
If you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is unlawful, you may lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority competent for the place where you reside or work or for the place of the alleged infringement.
Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status July 2023.